415 Summer St Boston, MA 02210 P: 617.954.2000 , F: 617.954.2299
The BCEC represents the next frontier of meeting planning—and the city itself. This stunning, innovative building provides dramatic, sweeping views of Boston's expanding waterfront. The center embodies the spirit of innovation that sets this waterfront district apart—at the cutting edge of Boston's economic and cultural future.
Beyond the beauty and symbolism of the building's modern, glass-lined interior, the BCEC's 2.1 million square feet of flexible space—the largest convention space in the Northeast—provides an open canvas for both your event and your imagination.
Just two miles from Logan International Airport, and minutes from downtown rail and highway options, the BCEC offers a world-class city within a city. Outside our center, your attendees will enjoy easy access to all that the district offers—from diverse dining and shopping options to landmarks and attractions like the Institute of Contemporary Art and Boston's historic Fort Point Channel. From educational sessions to medical demonstrations to interactive white boarding, the BCEC is built to serve your needs and go beyond the expected for your attendees.
BCEC at a Glance
- 2.1 million square feet of flexible space
- Over 500,000 square feet of contiguous exhibit space, easily divided into 10 different configurations
- 80 carpeted, flexible meeting rooms
- 40,020 square foot column-free grand ballroom with 180-degree views of Boston's waterfront and skyline
- Wi-Fi enabled Internet access and cell phone coverage throughout the building
- “Wicked Good” food market
- Two private ring roads, 62-covered loading bays and five elephant doors with exhibition floor access
- A dynamic video wall and media tower
Our Event Planning Guide has everything you need to know from move in to move out. Select either BCEC or the Hynes, then click to view the guide by chapters or download the full guide to search, make notes, or print.
Boston Convention & Exhibition Center Event Planning Guide (PDF)
- Facility Overview
- Meet the Team
- Client Guidelines, Info & Regulations
- Gate Show
- Exhibitor Guidelines
- General Service Contractor
- Rigging Rules & Regulations
- Audio/VIdeo Contractor/Vendor Guide
- Room Capacities, Floorplans & Resources
- Definition of a General Service Contractor
At the MCCA, we provide the people, services and technology to make your unique event a success.
Meeting planners work with our dedicated event services managers, who serve as a single point of contact from 18-months prior to an event through move-out. Your event services manager can help you decide what services meet your needs, from room sets to power requirements.
Our exhibitor services team is fully trained to help exhibitors decide what building services should be ordered and how to place and track those orders online.
At the MCCA, we know our facilities are more than a gathering place for meetings and events to our exhibitors. In our buildings, exhibitors from across the globe come not only to experience our hospitality, but to do business face-to-face. And we pride ourselves in making that easy and productive for you.
At the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center and John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center, you'll work with a team of event and exhibitor services professionals to make your exhibit the best that it can be by offering:
- A dedicated exhibitor services desk staffed during all move-in and show hours
- Custom online ordering for all facility booth services
- The ability to print and review invoices before, during and after your event
- Flexible labor rules that allow you to set up your own booth and electrical cords without the need to hire labor
- Unmatched technology services to keep you connected anywhere in our exhibit halls
Exhibitor Online Ordering
Review our Exhibitor Ordering Guide (PDF) or visit our Online Ordering Site to place orders, review your booth details and print invoices.
Need assistance? Contact the exhibitor services team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-954-2230.
Exhibitior Rules & Regulations
From Logan International Airport and Route 1A South
Take I-90 West/Ted Williams Tunnel to Exit 25 "South Boston". At the top of the ramp, turn right onto Congress Street and turn right onto D Street. Take the right after the highway ramp onto Summer Street, go one intersection, and turn left onto East Side Drive.
From Western Massachusetts
Take I-90 Eastbound to Exit 25 "South Boston". At the top of the ramp, turn right onto Congress Street and turn right onto D Street. After the highway ramp, turn right onto Summer Street. The BCEC will be on your left. Take the right after the highway ramp onto Summer Street, go one intersection, and turn left onto East Side Drive.
From Points North via I-93
Take I-93 Southbound to Exit 23 “Purchase Street”. Continue straight on Purchase Street to Seaport Blvd and turn left. Continue on Seaport Blvd. to D Street and turn right. After the highway ramp, turn right onto Summer Street. The BCEC will be on your left. Take the right after the highway ramp onto Summer Street, go one intersection, and turn left onto East Side Drive.
From Points South via I-93
Take I-93 North to Exit 20 "South Boston". Follow the signs to "I-90 East". Take the first tunnel exit to "South Boston". At the first set of lights, take a right onto Congress Street and then turn right on D Street. After the highway ramp, turn right onto Summer Street. The BCEC will be on your left. Take the right after the highway ramp onto Summer Street, go one intersection, and turn left onto East Side Drive.